The House On Infinity Loop

 




The House on Infinity Loop
Bonnie K.T. Dillabough
The Dimensional Alliance Book 1
4 Stars


Pages: 396
Genre: Fantasy
Published: 31 Jan 2021
Publisher: The Infinite Publishing Alliance

Publisher's Blurb

Jenny is a professional ghost-writer in Los Angeles. She inherits a house, a cat and a key from an aunt she has only met twice in her life. Neither the house, the cat or the key are what they appear to be. Science and myth are turned upside down when Jenny is thrust into a conflict that goes far beyond any boundaries or limits she could ever imagine.

Review


Completely out of the blue, Jenny inherits a house, a cat and a key from a mysterious old aunt she barely knew. Jenny’s life will never be the same again.


What follows is an eye opening, fantastical initiation into a whole new world that plunges Jenny into a fight for her life.

Interesting characters combine with a great story-telling style to give a plot that speeds along and features plenty of twists and turns to keep the reader guessing.

The book brings to mind fond memories of Narnia and Enid Blyton’s ‘Magic Faraway Tree’ but brought right up-to-date with a modern contemporary feel and a kick-ass heroine.

Once the story sucks you in you’ll have a battle on your hands if you try putting it down


The Author

Reading has always been my passion. Starting in libraries at the age of four, I have travelled near and far via the printed page, from places of ancient history to the stars and beyond. It seemed a natural thing for me to want to write as well.


The idea of being able to go from simple day-dreaming and pretending to creating worlds of my own invention has been an ongoing passion and from my teen years I had thought that "someday" I would write books myself.

What happened to that dream? Honestly? Life happened. Out of high school I went into the military. I met my future husband, got married, had children, moved all over the place, including three years in Frankfurt, Germany, had many adventures including clowning professionally, 15 years of broadcast television as a producer/director/show-host, owned more than one business and then went through several major health challenges including breast cancer.


So what changed? What made me decide to pursue the dream of my teen years? Let's go back a bit...

At about the age of 16 I had started having a recurring dream that pestered me most of my life. Time and time again I would discuss the dream with people I thought were wiser than me and time and time again the repeated answer came, "No idea. I've never heard of such a thing."

At age 63 after having the dream once again I decided that maybe if I wrote it down it might leave me alone. I did so and filed it on my desktop, but didn't think of it again until I started hanging out with published authors.
 
At the end of a recorded interview I did with Mercedes S. Lackey, after I had turned off the recording, I timidly confessed I had often considered writing a book. Mercedes leaned forward in her chair, looked me in the eye and said, "Put your butt in the chair and write!" It was some of the best advice I had ever gotten.

In search of material to write about I stumbled upon that dusty text file about my dream and the rest is history. From it came the science fiction - fantasy series "The Dimensional Alliance" beginning with "The House on Infinity Loop". I am grateful for the events leading up to setting myself upon this path. The series has the word "Infinity" in all of the titles since there seem to be an infinite number of stories I have to tell and I will continue writing them until I transition to the next dimension in some distant date.

To my readers: Never give up on your dream. The first book in this series was published two weeks before my 64th birthday. It is never too late. There are many more to come..

___________________________________________________________

If you have a book you'd like to be featured on the blog you can submit it by emailing torchwood1968@gmail.com 

or by contacting me on Twitter https://twitter.com/kevin_cannon

Fancy becoming a book reviewer - check out Reedsy Discovery and earn $25 for your first review



_______________________________________________________________________


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wings Unfurled by Rebecca Gomez Farrell

Favourite Books of 2023

Second To Sin by Murray Bailey