The Camel Club by David Baldacci

The Camel Club (Camel Club, #1)

The Camel Club

by David Baldacci



Publisher's Blurb

Existing at the fringes of Washington D.C., the Club consists of four eccentric members. Led by a mysterious man know as "Oliver Stone," they study conspiracy theories, current events, and the machinations of government to discover the "truth" behind the country's actions. Their efforts bear little fruit --- until the group witnesses a shocking murder ... and become embroiled in an astounding, far reaching conspiracy. Now the Club must join forces with a Secret Service agent to confront one of the most chilling spectacles ever to take place on American soil --- an event that may trigger the ultimate war between two different worlds. And all that stands in the way of this apocalypse is five unexpected heroes.

Review

It seems that there are hordes of books out there that feature plots to kill world leaders, most of them deal with the US President.

This one features a group of conspiracy theorists who witness the murder of a goverment agent and get dragged into the middle of an enormous conspiracy that is set to shake the western world.

I really liked the plot with its twists and turns but I felt that the character development was a bit lacking. At the end of the book I was still not sure which member of The Camel Club was which and I also struggled to seperate some of the conspiriters near the end.

I appreciate that this is just the first book featuring the main characters and is just setting them up for future novels but I would've liked a little bit more background to enable me to feel for them - perhaps the later novels expand on this but I won't know until I read on - nothing in this one will stop me following their adventures so it is on to book 2 for me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wings Unfurled by Rebecca Gomez Farrell

Favourite Books of 2023

Second To Sin by Murray Bailey