S16 by Simon Carr



S16
Simon Carr
4 Stars

Genre: Humor, Sci-Fi
Pages: 290
Published: 8 July 2022

Publisher's Blurb

Probably the only thing worse than finding out that nothing you know is real is finding out that you are also not real. Well, that's how Sanjiv's day started, it did not get much better after that, truth be told.

Review

Struggling to run his own restaurant and having just set fire (accidentally) to a food critic, Sanjiv really needs a break. Finding out that the world he lives in is not real and is just a simulation is probably not the break he was trying to catch.

Simon Carr sets his satirical writing skills on all things sci-fi and any resemblance to The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy is purely intentional. From the depressed robot to the lead character in a dressing gown, S16 gives nods to Douglas Adam's seminal novel and is a fun read all the way through.

Author

Website https://mailchi.mp/57158efee1aa/simoncarr

Simon Carr is, well he is me, hello, I write utter nonsense and you are a disgrace for reading it, the hell is wrong with you?

but since you are here we might as well revel in the soup of irrational absurdity together because it is something to do!

I could tell you where I come from and where I live but how the hell do I know you are not some kind of psychopath!?

I think any writer who has ever read Misery should just avoid that poison apple myself, all you need to know is I am English and support Blackburn Rovers (BLAST!)

That does not mean I live in Blackburn; ok, I live in Blackburn but it's a big place, you will never find me, you weirdo!

I like knitting, collecting empty beer cans, and slapping dead birds just to make sure, I hope for world peace and an end to climate change, gender representative jelly babies, and fat people to get skinny really easily using just a DVD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wings Unfurled by Rebecca Gomez Farrell

Favourite Books of 2023

Second To Sin by Murray Bailey