Paralyzed Emotions by Rodney Roby


Paralyzed Emotions
Rodney D. Roby
5 Stars


Genre: Memoir, Autobiography, Mental Health
Pages: 248
Published: 30 August 2021
Publisher: Page Publishing Inc.


Publisher's Blurb

When I was first diagnosed with a mental illness, I sought after information that could tell me just what in the world was happening to me. There was nothing. Or at least I didn’t find anything. I wrote these letters to my first psychiatrist so she could see inside my head. To see all the fear, confusion, hurt, and multitudes of thoughts that hounded me. When I read these letters to my wife, I actually cried. I completed this book with a prayer that it will help people who suffer to understand what they are going through and see that there is hope. Also, so people can understand what their loved one is going though. Prayerfully, this book will help doctors and counselors.

This is very powerful! Not only will you see all the illness but a lot of hope and healing.




Review


Told through a series of letters from the author to his therapist in 1988, this gives a deep insight into the mind of a man suffering from a life affecting mental illness. A fascinating look at how it really feels when you seem to have no control over your life or your own mind.

Forced into an unhappy marriage when he was too young to take on that level of responsibility and desperate to just be loved, the author spirals into depression that leaves him unable to work and with no real direction to his existence.

I found myself struggling to hold back the tears during parts of this engaging and emotional roller-coaster ride which really hits home when you remember that this isn’t a novel conjured up by a master story teller, but a raw and sometimes confused self-analysis of the author’s life.

I can see how reading this would benefit anyone with mental health issues and also someone with a friend or a loved one who is affected by a debilitating mental illness.

Initially I didn’t think this was for me, but I’m so glad I read it. It must’ve taken a lot of courage to publish this memoir and I salute the author for that.



Author


Website https://www.paralyzedemotions.com/

Twitter https://twitter.com/AuthorRoby



My name is Rodney Roby


I wrote this book in the hopes that it will help millions around the world understand the suffering of mental illness that one goes through.  You are not alone.  You can find a way to live with it in peace and harmony.  There is love and joy and hope and FREEDOM.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wings Unfurled by Rebecca Gomez Farrell

Favourite Books of 2023

Second To Sin by Murray Bailey