Dragons and Stuff by Simon Carr


Dragons and Stuff
Simon Carr
4 Stars



Pages: 332
Genre: Fantasy, Humour
Published: 27 May 2022

Publisher's Blurb

In a place unknown. In a time nobody is sure of. Stuff happened, and there were Dragons. Epic dobadoobries unfold at an incredible pace around Prince Jasper and his man-servent, page, the guy who goes with him, Roulart. Can they stop the evil Queen from taking over Prince Jaspers's kingdom, and why should you care? Well, you should care! It will be a really rubbish story if you don't, put some effort in!


Review

Prince Jasper, yep you read that right, Jasper! I know, who’s called Jasper these days. Well this isn’t set in ‘these days’ it takes place a long time ago in a galaxy fa….sorry got my genres muddled for a minute. It’s a fantasy book, but you should’ve worked that out from the title to be fair.

Anyway, Prince Jasper, remember him? You do, good. Sent away by his father to learn the infinite arts of magic and qualify as a wizard in order to protect his homeland from the evil queen, Jasper has just a couple of weeks to get his wizarding diploma.

Aided and abetted by his trusty page Roulart, a Giant who thinks he’s a Troll, a wizard who controls an army of warrior sunflowers and the deranged mind of the author, Jasper has about a fortnight to save the day.

If you’ve read any of Simon Carr’s previous novels then you know exactly what to expect. A, not to be taken too seriously, micky-take of most of the fantasy book royalty. You don’t need to have an intimate knowledge of Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and the like to enjoy this one but if you do then there are some comedy nuggets just for you.

Pure escapism with some laugh out loud moments that will keep you entertained throughout


The Author

Simon Carr is, well he is me, hello. I write comedy Sci-fi and horror books. I started writing in 2018. I am severely dyslexic, on the very high end of the scale. So, writing a book was just me being defiant really, doing something I ought never to have been capable of doing.

I really enjoyed writing my first book, Space And Stuff, so I carried on writing. That makes it sound a lot simpler than it was, but after a lot of learning and editing; so much editing! And going through proofreaders at a rate of knotts, I got my books to a standard that only made a few grammar Nazis heads explode; so it will have to do.

I am from Blackburn in the UK, born in the summer of 1976. I have actually won three awards for my books, I know! I was as surprised as you are. If perfect grammar is your thing then you might want to give them a miss, but if you like satire and goofy scenarios I might be what you have been looking for.


___________________________________________________________

If you have a book you'd like to be featured on the blog you can submit it by emailing torchwood1968@gmail.com 

or by contacting me on Twitter https://twitter.com/kevin_cannon

Fancy becoming a book reviewer - check out Reedsy Discovery and earn $25 for your first review



_______________________________________________________________________

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wings Unfurled by Rebecca Gomez Farrell

Favourite Books of 2023

Second To Sin by Murray Bailey