Karen by Simon Carr (Audiobook)

 


Karen
Simon Carr
4 Stars

Length:2 Hours and 42 Minutes
Narrator: Skye Alley
Published: 04 March 2021


Publisher's Blurb

For a millennia, they sat waiting, traveling through the dark, empty, cold vacuum of space, plotting our demise. Every continuity was planned in detail. They were ready to wipe out our armies, crush any resistance, and sweep aside any warriors. Mankind’s fate was sealed. It was only ever just a matter of time. What they had not planned for - what they are not ready for - is Karen! Any likeness between Karen and any real persons alive or dead is purely inevitable. 
 

Review

Warning : This audiobook is not suitable for minors, adults of a nervous disposition or anyone called Karen

Once again Simon Carr delivers a madcap, lunacy filled tale from the deep recesses of his dark creative mind.

Karen is a another laugh-out-loud episode in the Apocalyse Blockers series and is filled with hilarious dialog from start to finish

If you're not a fan of British humour or excessive expletives then leave this one on the shelf, otherwise fill your boots and then check out the rest of the books in the series.

Why doesn't this have 5 stars? The use of an American narrator for a book that is very British in tone. But's that's just my opinion being British myself  

Buy on Audible


The Author


Simon Carr is, well he is me, hello, I write utter nonsense and you are a disgrace for reading it, the hell is wrong with you?

but since you are here we might as well revel in the soup of irrational absurdity together because it is somthing to do!

I could tell you where I come from and where I live but how the hell do I know you are not some kind of psychopath!?

I think any writer who has ever read Misery should just avoid that poison apple myself, all you need to know is I am English and support Blackburn Rovers (BLAST!)

That does not mean I live in Blackburn; ok, I live in Blackburn but it's a big place, you will never find me, you weirdo!


I like knitting, collecting empty beer cans, and slapping dead birds just to make sure, I hope for world peace and an end to climate change, gender representative jelly babies, and fat people to get skinny really easily using just a DVD.



More From Simon Carr



_________________________________________________________________________

If you have a book you'd like to be featured on the blog you can submit it by emailing torchwood1968@gmail.com 

or by contacting me on Twitter https://twitter.com/kevin_cannon


_______________________________________________________________________



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wings Unfurled by Rebecca Gomez Farrell

Favourite Books of 2023

Second To Sin by Murray Bailey