Something Completely Odd by Chris Dyer

35652230

Something Completely Odd 

by Chris Dyer

4 Stars

Pages: 71

Published: 10 Aug 2017

PublisherMonday Creek Publishing


Publisher's Blurb

Being odd isn’t such a bad thing… we all are in our own way. So many things in life are odd and if we only look a little closer then perhaps we can accept “oddness” rather than shun it. As you walk down the street wonder to yourself as you look at the things that surround you and think… that’s odd… is it really and if it is either realise that underneath we are just as odd to others (and in that I include everything human or otherwise) so we have a responsibility to either accept it or try to change it… the choice is yours but please before deciding think carefully, quite an odd thing to ask really but then not being odd is in itself rather odd.   

Review

A delightful collection of short poetry, stories and opinion that in turn both entertain and make you think. It is a mixture of items both humorous and serious which in places had me reciting aloud to my family a few of the poems which made me laugh - Telly, My Little Friend and Bert in particular.

'Blue' would make a great meme and may end up in a frame on the wall at home

The opinion pieces which the author classifes as ramblings are all aimed at making the world a better place to live and shold be commended.

The short fiction piece gives you cause to think about your environment and the detrimental effect we, as a race, are having on the planet.

The lighter pieces of poetry are fun to read, especially aloud, and the more serious pieces create scenes which make good points for discussion or thought

I really enjoyed most of the pieces in the book and will definitely return to it to reread my favourite pieces again and again.

The Author

Although I have always enjoyed writing my love for horses has been instrumental in most of my books, and my knowledge, which I class myself fortunate to have gathered, as it has helped me in my writing. It has also given me the opportunity to formulate natural remedies for horses. I have an association with an international equine products company. Who are very demanding in their requirements, of which I am glad, and I have produced several formulas that I hope they will market once trials are completed. I would say to all that I feel blessed as I am doing the things that I love to do. It is hard work and I have to say it hasn’t always been like this… like everyone, there have been serious low points in my life, even to the point of living on a beach wondering where my next meal would come from. I hope as you read this you will have determination and “never say die”. Whatever you are doing or wish to do keep at it, there is a strong possibility that if you are determined enough it will come through for you in the end.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a fun collection of works. Like the topic material.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wings Unfurled by Rebecca Gomez Farrell

Favourite Books of 2023

Second To Sin by Murray Bailey